Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Staying Alive At All Costs!

The last 2 days at Swanson School have been very interesting. On Wednesday morning, the staff started to play a game called "Murder". Each staff member had to pick a card out of a deck and the card told them if they were a victim or the murderer. There is only one murderer in the entire game. The point is to try and figure out who the murderer is before they come and "kill you". However, there are some stipulations with the "killings". The murderer, who is not me, can only kill when they are alone in a room with one of the victims. If students are around, you can't be killed. But there is one more little twist. Once a victim dies, he/she can help the murderer and trap you in a room. You can be killed around someone who has already died. The murderer can also kill out of school hours and can come to your house if he/she decides that they want to. So basically, you need kids around you at all times.

Yesterday when the game started, I was careful to have students around me but I wasn't really that scared. I had not heard of many teachers being "killed" and thought that I would be pretty safe. This morning, however, things started to change. I was somewhat hiding in my room, alone, and then Miranda came into my room too. We had the lights off and I was somewhat hidden behind the desk. All the sudden the murderer, Bex, was in our room. We think that she didn't realize we were together. She told us that she was ready to hunt American meat (scary, I know) and that we needed to watch our backs. That is when the game really began.

All day today I have had students surrounding me. I have personal body guards and Miranda and I made sure that we were always together. The kids were very content on making sure that we were safe and not alone. We even had kids who were willing to walk us home after school.

The scary part starts now. Miranda and I are currently together but concerned about what could happen when we part from each other at home. Hopefully there isn't a visitor to my house tonight. I am doing whatever it takes to stay alive. Our goal is to stay alive through tomorrow (which is our Friday) and then we should be safe over the weekend because we will be in Rotorua. But we will see what happens. Wish me luck!

May the odds ever be in your favor.
-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment